- On average, cats spend 2/3 of every day sleeping. That means a nine-year-old cat has been awake for only three years of its life.
- Unlike dogs, cats do not have a sweet tooth. Scientists believe this is due to a mutation in a key taste receptor.
- A group of cats is called a “clowder.
- Female cats tend to be right pawed, while male cats are more often left pawed. Interestingly, while 90% of humans are right handed, the remaining 10% of lefties also tend to be male.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats in the U.S. annually.
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- The biggest wildcat today is the Siberian Tiger. It can be more than 12 feet (3.6 m) long (about the size of a small car) and weigh up to 700 pounds (317 kg).
- The smallest wildcat today is the Black-footed cat. The females are less than 20 inches (50 cm) long and can weigh as little as 2.5 lbs (1.2 kg).
- Many Egyptians worshipped the goddess Bast, who had a woman’s body and a cat’s head.
Top Five Urban Wonders In The World
Top Ten Most Amazing Destinations In The World
Most Beautiful Unesco World Heritage Sites
Cheapest Holiday Destinations In The World
Best Tourist Destinations In The World
Ten Weird Festivals In The World
Most Amazing Wonderlands In The World
Top Ten Museums In The World
Top 2015 Tourism Locations
Most Expensive Yachts In The World
Most Peaceful Spots In The World
Must See Sculptures In The World
10 Exotic Foods From Around The World
Top 10 Business Cities In The World
I'm Feeling Lucky