Luxury Train Tour in India, The Indian Railways and IRCTC provide a wide range of luxury trains in India. There are a total of 5 luxury trains in India — namely Palace on Wheels, Golden Chariot, Maharaja Express, Deccan Odyssey and Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
Palace on Wheels
The pride of royal Rajasthan, Palace on Wheels stands true to its name with a lavish interior that speaks volumes about the regal Rajasthan. The train started back in 1982, based on the royal train coaches of British era, which used to be the personal coaches of erstwhile rulers of the princely states.
Delhi — Jaipur — Sawai Madhopur — Chittorgarh — Udaipur — Jaisalmer — Jodhpur — Bharatpur — Agra — Delhi
Owned and operated by IRCTC, Maharajas’ Express is the most expensive luxury train in India. It runs between October and April, covering around 12 destinations. The train received the 2016 Seven Star Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards at Marbella in Spain. The train currently operates on five routes with choices of 7 Nights/8 Days and 3 Nights/4 Days itineraries.
· The Heritage of India (Mumbai — Ajanta — Udaipur — Jodhpur — Bikaner — Jaipur — Ranthambore — Agra — Delhi)
· Gems of India (Delhi — Agra — Ranthambore — Jaipur — Delhi)
· The Indian Panorama (Delhi — Jaipur — Ranthambore — Fatehpur — Sikri — Agra — Gwalior — Orchha — Khajuraho — Varanasi — Lucknow — Delhi)
· Indian Splendour (Delhi — Agra — Ranthambore — Jaipur — Bikaner — Jodhpur — Udaipur — Balasinor — Mumbai)
· Treasures of India (Delhi — Agra — Ranthambore — Jaipur — Delhi)
Travel in luxury through the states of South India — Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala and experience the rich culture and heritage of India. This luxury train is the best way to cover South India is short duration. The detailed royal interiors, impeccable royal service makes the experience of travelling through South India the best and unique.
1. Southern Splendour (Bangalore — Chennai — Mahabalipuram — Pondicherry — Thanjavur — Madurai — Thiruvananthapuram — Alleppey — Kochi — Bangalore)
2. Pride of the South (Bangalore — Kabini — Mysore — Hassan — Hampi — Badami — Goa — Bangalore)
The Deccan Odyssey
The Deccan Odyssey Train providing a luxury travel experience for the guests wanting to step into the magnificent history of India. It is a venture of the Maharashtra Government and the Ministry of Railways, Government of India. This majestic train journey gives you a lifetime experiences in different cities of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan and surrounding regions of India.
1. Maharashtra Splendor (Mumbai — Nasik — Ellora Cave — Ajanta Caves — Kolhapur — Goa — Ratnagiri — Mumbai)
2. Indian Odyssey (Delhi — Sawai Madhopur — Agra — Jaipur — Udaipur — Vadodara — Ellora Caves — Mumbai)
3. Indian Sojourn (Mumbai — Vadodara — Udaipur — Jodhpur — Agra — Sawai Madhopur — Jaipur — Delhi)
4. Jewels of the Deccan (Mumbai — Bijapur — Aihole — Pattadakal — Hampi — Hyderabad — Ellora Caves — Ajanta Caves — Mumbai)
5. Hidden Treasures of Gujarat (Mumbai — Vadodara — Palitana — Sasan Gir — Somnath — Little Rann of Kutch — Modhera — Patan — Nashik — Mumbai)
6. Maharashtra Wild Trail (Mumbai — Aurangabad — Ramtek — Tadoba — Ajanta — Nashik — Mumbai)
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
After the success of Palace on Wheels, Indian Railways started this sophisticated luxury train in 2009. It travels on a similar route as Palace on Wheels, taking tourists on a 7 days and 8 night journey through Rajasthan.
Delhi — Jodhpur — Udaipur — Chittorgarh — Sawai Madhopur — Jaipur — Khajuraho — Varanasi — Agra — Delhi
Top Five Urban Wonders In The World
Top Ten Most Amazing Destinations In The World
Most Beautiful Unesco World Heritage Sites
Cheapest Holiday Destinations In The World
Best Tourist Destinations In The World
Ten Weird Festivals In The World
Most Amazing Wonderlands In The World
Top Ten Museums In The World
Top 2015 Tourism Locations
Most Expensive Yachts In The World
Most Peaceful Spots In The World
Must See Sculptures In The World
10 Exotic Foods From Around The World
Top 10 Business Cities In The World
I'm Feeling Lucky