Unique Fort Lauderdale
Due to its expansive and sophisticated canal system, Fort Lauderdale is known as The Venice of America. With more than 300 miles of easy-to-navigate inland canals known as the Intracoastal Waterway, the waterways are a vital component of the city’s economy, culture, and recreation. This area is a premium destination for those who seek to enjoy the most beautiful beaches and a luxurious waterfront lifestyle. However, there is much more of Fort Lauderdale than just its beaches, including some curiosities you might like to know when visiting the city.
If you are going to tour the city, it is recommendable to book a car rental; there are many renowned and accessible options in the city.
- This iconic city gets its name from three forts built by the United States during the Second Seminole War and from Major William Lauderdale, commander of the detachment in charge of building the first fortress. Thanks to these forts, there were three “Fort Lauderdales” at first, and the area became one and began to develop only after the 1920s during the Florida land boom, made possible by the invention of air conditioning.
- The city was featured as the setting for the 1960 film hit “Where the Boys Are” and after this worldwide recognition, the city quickly became one of the main Spring Break destinations around the world. Today, the city has shed its party reputation and is now better known for signature shopping, exquisite dining, wealthy living and vibrant nightlife.
- If you like water activities you must know that yachting is a way of life here as Fort Lauderdale is home to more than 100 marinas, and 50,000 registered yachts. Also, the city hosts a three-tiered coral living coral reef system right off the coast, along with 76 artificial reefs so scuba diving here is a delight. What is more, Fort Lauderdale is the spot for the International Boat Show (the largest in the world, by the way).
- Fort Lauderdale hosts an approximate of 120 nightclubs what makes it a paradise for those party seekers that come from Miami or any other city in the world. This is also a coastal paradise for foodies who come to delight with the fine dining, more than 4.000 eateries including waterfront restaurants, beach cafes, and cocktail lounges.
- Winter in Fort Lauderdale is a dream for the warm-weather lovers. The average low temperature in January is 58 degrees Fahrenheit, so while most of the country is covered in a blanket of snow and freezing temperatures from December through April, Fort Lauderdale is enjoying the beach still. This is why it is one of the best winter holiday destinations.
Get More Followers on Your LinkedIn
Get More Twitter Followers Get More Instagram Followers
- Fort Lauderdale offers several public and private means of transportation to take you around safe and easy. The public routes services cover approximately 410 square miles with over 1600 bus stops, the Brightline, the Sun Trolley, Tri-Rail and even the Water Taxi and Riverwalk Water Trolley you’ll probably get anywhere you want. Now, if you do not like commuting and being around many people, you can always choose to rent a car which will make your traveling experience much more exclusive, comfortable and convenient.
- Due to its upgraded lifestyle, Fort Lauderdale is a very sought after area, even for the rich and famous so keep your eyes out for celebrities who live in the area, including Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Lee Majors, David Cassidy, and Marilyn Manson. Curious fact: There are celebrity home tours that take you around the most sophisticated waterfront mansions, with narrated sightseeing and incredible photo opportunities!
Top 5 Hidden Spots In New York
America’s Hippest City For Food And History Buffs
Top Five Travel Destinations In America
Great Places To Visit In Hawaii
Tourist Activities During Kona Fishing Events
Sport Fishing Seasons In Hawaii
American Indian Village Where Civilization Is Far
Affordable Hotels In New York
Discover Sin City's Secrets, Las Vegas
Great Outdoor Dining Restaurants In Los Angeles
Tourists’ Taxi Transfer In Miami Airport
Wisconsin's Best Tourists Towns
Las Vegas Luxury Nobu Hotel Penthouse
Most Economical Cities In America
Cheap hotels in Washington
USA Travel Blog
Cheap hotels in USA
I'm Feeling Lucky